Things to Know about Amazon Keyword Tools
Are you wondering how to use Amazon Keyword searches to get more hits on your products as an Amazon seller? Focus on the way you would shop as a consumer, and you can start thinking in terms of what keywords to associate with your product.
So, how exactly do you increase the amount of Amazon Keyword hits on your product? The most important part of keyword searching is to make sure the product you are selling has a title that will match the most amount of keyword searches. Find a way to use Search Engine Optimization, which will allow your product to be seen in many different searches.
Associating the right keywords to your product is paramount to your success as an Amazon seller. There are a variety of tools that will help you accomplish your goals.
Read on to learn all about Amazon Keyword Tools and how they can help increase your profits as an Amazon seller!
How to use Amazon Keyword Tools?
Since Amazon Keywords are one of the biggest factors to successfully selling your product on Amazon, let’s look at how to best take advantage of them.
- Analyze other products that will either complement your product or serve as direct competition to your product. This will help you get a leg up on your competition. You want to have as much information and historical data as possible for other products in the market like yours, as this will help you market your product better and increase sales.
- It is easy to start looking at keywords. Put anything you want into the Amazon search bar, and you will instantly see a variety of keyword suggestions. To do this, in the Amazon search bar, type in the standard Amazon Identification Number into the search bar and also enter the keyword you want to check on. If Amazon finds what you are looking for, it indexes it for that particular product.
- The best way to ensure your product comes up on keyword searches in Amazon is to make sure your title is as relevant as possible. When titling your product, think about how you would shop for it as a consumer. What would you put in the search bar as keywords?
The overall goal here is to familiarize yourself with Amazon’s search algorithm. Once you understand how that works, keyword tools and searches are simplified.
Let Amazon Keyword searching work for you to help improve your Amazon sales.
Amazon Keyword Research
There are a variety of factors to consider when conducting Amazon Keyword Research. You want to learn the search algorithms and how you can place yourself at the top of the search results page.
How to Choose Keywords for Amazon
Since Amazon is not much more than a search engine, let’s look at ways to utilize the algorithms in Amazon searches. The goal on Amazon is to sell product, so as a seller, how can you do that most effectively?
Here are a few tips for successfully using keywords when you are searching Amazon:
- Amazon organizes its search results based on what products are most likely to sell first. Therefore, to get on top of the Amazon search results page, you need to make it so your prodicut is considered most likely to sell first.
- The most important parts of the search results are keywords. Are you trying to buy cotton candy flavored bubble gum or are you trying to buy bubble gum? Without the keyword “cotton candy” your search results are almost useless.
- Since people tend to gravitate for shortcuts, it is important to make the titles of your product show up in keyword searches . While it is also good to make sure your product’s description as many keywords in it, the top priority should be to make the title as catchy and relevant as possible.
- What about hidden keywords? While consumers will not see these keywords, it is a way to help the algorithm affect their searches. Plug some hidden keywords in and watch the traffic to your site increase.
Remember to think like a consumer when titling your products. What would you search for to find your product? What keywords would be important to your consumer?
Amazon Keyword searching can be very beneficial to sell your products through Amazon, as you can learn how to get to the top of the results on Amazon searches.
Best Amazon Keyword Tool
What is the best tool to help you with keywords? How should you go about finding the best Amazon Keyword Tool? There are some products that will survey the best algorithms on Amazon searches, and that might be a good place to start.
What are people searching for on Amazon?
The most common searches on Amazon in the fourth quarter of 2019 seemed to all trend around electronics. People were searching for Nintendo Switches, Play Stations, and Laptops. There was also a market around home goods like Instant Pots and Air Fryers.
As an Amazon seller, it is a good idea to always be in tune what is selling. If you are not sure what product you want to sell, this can help you decide. That said, if you do know what product you want to sell, do not be discouraged if it is not showing up on the latest hot list for Amazon.
Do not be discouraged either if the market is saturated. There is most likely still a niche market for your product. You just need to learn how to get your product ahead of the others, and keyword tools can help you accomplish that.
How to Perform Better Keyword Searches on Amazon
Here are some tips on how to perform the best keyword searches on Amazon, and conversely, on how to get your product to the top of the list of Amazon searches:
- Hone in on the specific Amazon audience. Do not search like you are searching google. Learn what works on Amazon, and focus on that.
- Amazon has some certain keyword tools, use those for the most success. These are products that can help you analyze keywords and ensure you are on the right track.
- Make sure you are not including any irrelevant words that will not improve your search. For example, if you are searching for a specific type of dog treats, like Milk Bones, search for “Milk Bones”, not “dog treats.”
- Find out what backend keywords are, and do not be afraid to use them.
- What are the competitors doing? Find out, and tailor your search accordingly. You do not want consumers to be able to find the products of your competitors, but not find your products. Analyze the keywords they are using, so you can use the same ones, and add additional ones as well thus expanding the likelihood for your product to be found via Amazon searches.
Free Amazon Keyword Tool
This is a method to really hone in on what are the hottest keywords on Amazon searches. If you are looking into what products to sell, you will want to take advantage of Amazon Keyword Tools.
Top Paid Keyword Research Tools
As an Amazon seller, you will need to know what the highest paid keyword research tools are. These are all worth the investment if you can afford to purchase them. Here is a list to get you started:
- Jungle Scout Chrome Extension – While you will need to pay for the best features of this product, it can be worth it. Jungle Scout is designed to help Amazon sellers preview products and analyze data.
- Keyword Tool Dominator – This Chrome Extension allows you to target exactly what your audience is on the hunt for. It allows you to use autocomplete databases from resources like Google, Amazon, and YouTube. This tool works on your behalf to figure out what the user is looking for. You can use this to your advantage to target certain audiences and decide where to advertise your products.
- Viral Launch Market Intelligence – Finding you profitable products is the name of the game with Virtual Launch. They will help you analyze the market and determine exactly what products you should think about selling on Amazon. They can analyze the competition and tell you how saturated the market is. If you are not sure what product to start selling, this is the Amazon Keyword Tool you should use. In no time at all, you will have insight into what markets still need sellers, and which markets are already selling too many of the same type of product.
- Helium 10 – This tool is free, and is a really great resource for all Amazon Sellers. This app focuses on solving any problem that might come your way as an Amazon Seller, and can help you gain a big competitive advantage over other sellers in the say product niche as you.
If you do not have a lot of money to start your business, take advantage of this free tool to help get you off the ground. This is a great option for those that are new to selling on Amazon, as you will soon know how to problem solve a variety of issues that most sellers face.
- Seller App - This is going to help you manage your Amazon Seller business no matter where you are located. This can really help you while you are virtual and might not be sitting in front of a computer. From the touch of a button on your phone you can now research all of your sales, and communicate directly with any questions from customers.
If you are technologically savvy and do a lot of work from your smart phone, this is an app that you will use a lot as an Amazon seller.
- MerchantWords – This tool allows you to make the most of your ads and add profit to your business. It allows you to directly connect with shoppers and promote your products. Ads are a great way to increase sales and add revenue to your business. With this tool, you will learn how to target your ads and how to make sure they are working for you.
- Amazon FBA Keyword Tool – Use this Amazon Chrome Extension if you want to get ahead of your competition by analyzing keywords. This tool is going to help you get data on your competitors and how they advertise, which will allow you to advertise bigger and better than your competition.
- AmaSuite – This is a great product to help you grow and improve your business. It also helps to uncover buried products that could be profitable but you might not have thought of selling. By using this tool, you can uncover hidden secrets on Amazon, and possibly find a new niche of products to sell.
If you have been selling on Amazon for a while, but are still looking for more products to invest in and sell, this is the app that can help focus your product search.
- Kparser – This tool looks beyond Google and does a deep dive into what the best keywords are for your product on Amazon. It helps you learn the algorithm that Amazon uses, and gives pointers on how to best market your product.
One of the best things you can do for yourself is to learn and understand the algorithm used by Amazon, and this tool will help you do that.
Top Free Amazon Keyword Research Tools
If you are just getting started as an Amazon seller and do not have a lot of money or resources, there are still a lot of tools available for you that can help you analyze keywords and Amazon’s algorithm. While they may not be as effective as their paid counterparts, the following products are great for new Amazon sellers:
- Keywords Everywhere – This will let you see the details of your competition. It will also show you monthly search volume, which can help you with your marketing strategies. Your monthly search volume is a tool that you can use to improve your searching skills, and make sure that your product is also showing up in other searches.
- Amazon Autocomplete – Autocomplete on our phones usually is not the best and can create some pretty funny words. Is it any better on Amazon? Yes, this tool should improve the hits on your product’s page. It helps you find the most searched keywords on Amazon, which can help you tailor your product to match those keywords.
You can start typing in a keyword and see what Amazon thinks will be the next word you type. This can help you tailor your products to those keywords, which will drive up traffic and sales.
- Sonar – This is another tool to help you with Amazon keyword searching. It helps you with Amazon Sponsored Products, as they are only able to appear in certain searches. If you have a chance to have your product appear as an Amazon Sponsored Product, do it. This is a surefire way to increase sales.
Sonar will help you to market your product to Amazon Sponsored Products lists, which is a good way to get on the list of Amazon Sponsored Products, and ensure that your product comes up in a lot of Amazon searches.
- Google Keyword Planner – This is a free way to use Google ads to increase traffic to your product. Advertisers like yourself can use this to see how certain keywords perform, and to see if you should use those keywords to drive traffic to your product.
Google ads can be just as important as becoming an Amazon Sponsored Product. Showing up in Google ads is a great way to have your product appear on Google searches, which is a great way to get more traffic to your product’s page and increase people. A lot of people start their searches on Google, so showing up at the top of a Google page is a surefire way to increase sales and revenue.
Frequently Asked Questions about Amazon Keywords
- What are Amazon Keywords? Amazon keywords are what will ultimately drive traffic to our product. Ideally, as an Amazon seller you want your product to show up for as many keyword searches on Amazon as possible. This means you might want to include some backend, or hidden, keywords on your product’s page. Think like a consumer, what will the consumer be searching for? Include those keywords on your product’s title and description on the product page.
- How Many Keywords can you use on Amazon? You can use up to 5 lines of backend keywords on Amazon. A long time ago, you were only able to use 50 characters online, but now you can use a lot more than that. Now you can use about 200 characters for each line of keyword. Take advantage of this and use as many keywords as you possibly can. This will help to attract consumers to your product’s page, as your product will come up in a variety of searches on Amazon. They more keywords the more your product has a chance to be discovered.
- What is SEO on Amazon? Search Engine Optimization. This is how you can make the most of your product listings to ensure that they are near the top of Amazon search results when your selected keywords are searched for. If your product is on the top of Amazon search results, you are going to get more visibility, and more purchases. You want to take advantage of SEO on Amazon.
To do this, think like a search engine. How can you optimize your keywords to get to the top of the list of search results? Think technically – Amazon’s goal is to sell products to its consumers. To get your product seen, you need to think about what keywords will search engines pick up on to send consumers to your product’s page.
A good keyword search on Amazon is half the battle when trying to find the right product to purchase, or when trying to make sure that the product you are selling comes to the top of the search results.
Videos about Amazon Keyword Searching
Have you read enough? Here are some helpful videos that can help you understand Amazon Keyword Searching:
- Amazon Keyword Research – This video can help you find the best keywords for your product to help put your listing on Amazon at the front of the search line. Learn how to do an Amazon keyword search, which will make you a better buyer and a better seller.
- How to Select Keywords in Amazon Product Listing – Do you have a great product to sell, but you do not know quite how to find the right keywords? This video can help you pick out what the best keywords are to associate with your product.
- Free Amazon Seller Tool for Keyword Search Volume – This video will help you learn how to drive traffic to your product. It will help you pick the best keywords to help you show up in Amazon searches.
Some people learn more by watching videos than my reading articles or doing research. If that’s you, check out the videos above, and if you need more, there are more resources on YouTube relating to Amazon Keyword Tools and searching.
Final Thoughts on Amazon Keyword Tools
Amazon keywords are one of the most important facets of advertising your product on Amazon. By picking the right keywords you can help increase web traffic to your product, which will help you increase revenue and profits for your product.
Through Search Engine Optimization, you can make sure the right keywords are assigned to your product, which will help move your product to the front of the line on search results.
Think like a consumer, and think about how you would try to find your product if you were buying it. As an Amazon seller, you want your product to be seen by as many consumers as possible, as this will make it more likely they will buy it. Use keywords to increase traffic to your product, which will increase sales.